The eventful history of Het Moriaanshooft pottery on the southern side of Gasthuislaan can be divided into three periods.
From its establishment sometime before 1658 to 1690 there was a pottery known as Het Moriaanshooft. In 1690 the company was split into Het Oude and Het Jonge (old and young) Moriaanshooft, which operated as independent companies. This remained so until 1772. In the final phase, from 1772 to 1792, the potteries were reunited to form one company under sole ownership.